Experience the Italian way of life on this Italy trip featuring all the main highlights and some surprises. Enjoy a sunset feast in the shadow of olive groves in a local family’s home, unearth the secrets of Pompeii frozen in time and soak up sophistication on the Isle of Capri.
- 4 Dinner (D)
- 10 Breakfast (B)
- Florence: Eight generations of history with plenty of stories to tell. Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest dinner with Count Flucis at their home near Florence, set within a garden of oak trees against the backdrop of Tuscan vineyards and olive groves.
- Rome: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches scattered throughout the city.
- Vatican: Visit Vatican City and tour St. Peter's Basilica with a Local Specialist. Witness the early genius of Michelangelo as you take in the Piet.
- Rome: Discover ancient treasures of Rome with a passionate local. See Circus Maximus and the Ancient Forum, and stand beside the Colosseum, which bears witness to the limitless courage of the gladiators.
- Monte Cassino: View the abbey on Monte Cassino, founded by Saint Benedict in 529.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Specialist through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Capri: Join a Local Specialist on a walk through elegant Capri to gain insight into the island's local culture and historic landmarks.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this seaside town. See the pastel rainbow of colourful houses precariously stacked upon one another as if cascading from the hilltop to the water.
- Tuscany: View the stunning landscape of Tuscany on your drive today.
- Florence: Join a Local Specialist to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods, and witness a gold and leatherwork demonstration.
- Venice: Learn about the history and ancient skill of Venetian glassblowing, playing your role in ensuring the survival of this traditional craft through your visit.
- : Explore Rome, Pompeii, Capri and Florence with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Amalfi Town and Venice
- : Visit St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, the ruins of Pompeii, the Commonwealth War Cemetery in Cassino and a glassblowing factory in Venice
- : View the ancient sites in Rome, the Benedictine Abbey in Cassino, the Duomo in Florence and St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- : Scenic Cruise to the Isle of Capri and by private launch to St. Mark's Square in Venice
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Return cruise to the Isle of Capri
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return cruise to the Isle of Capri
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...
|2||Discover Ancient Rome and the Vatican City|
|3||Rome Your Way|
|4||Explore the Ruins of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast|
|5||Scenic Amalfi Coast Your Way|
|6||Experience the Isle of Capri|
|7||Journey to Florence|
|8||Florence Your Way Make Travel Matter Connect with Locals|
|9||Venture to Venice|
|10||Cruise the Canals of Venice Make Travel Matter|